Online Casino Baccarat — Best Casinos with Online Baccarat
Baccarat is a French name; however, it originated in Italy when it was introduced with the name Baccara in the late 15th century. People have always thought of Baccarat as a game of chance because the only way players contribute to the game starts and ends with a wager. The player does not truly make a strategic or concrete decision but touches only the cards in the game (land-based) if they possess the highest stake on the player’s side.
As we mentioned, Baccarat is an old game invented around 1400 in Italy. The literal meaning of the game is “zero.” Little wonder why the value of the cards (Kings and Queens, tens and Jacks) is zero. The game is also referred to as Punto Banco (Player Bank) and is played with conventional playing cards taken from a “shoe” with 4-8 decks.
In this simple game, you can easily place bets on three types of single bets: a Tie (standoff), a Player bet, or a Banker bet. To make your bet, you must put your chips onto one of the sections and then wait for the dealer to make a move. Initially, Baccarat might seem quite confusing; however, it is one of the simplest games at online casinos. Anyone can play Baccarat even without knowing the rules; all you need to do is to either bet on a tie, a banker winning or a player winning.
The gameplay and rules of the Baccarat are fixed and unchanging regardless of variations. In the online casino space, all players are at liberty to choose the standard or “live dealer” version. The most common variants are RNG, live, lightning, squeeze, speed, no commission, and more.
To define online Baccarat is to state it as a game requiring nothing beyond placing a wager and then pushing the “deal” button. Since an integrated action grid usually determines all decisions, players don’t need to make decisions at any given time. Having settled this, there is a piece of certain information that could help players get a proper understanding of the betting strategies and gameplay.
To reiterate what we said earlier, the emphasis of Baccarat is on betting strategies. Every face card has a value between 0-10, and each card is counted at face value.
Here’s a step-by-step process you can use to begin playing online at the most trusted casinos:
Select a Game
The first place to begin is to select Baccarat online within the lobby of your chosen casino. At good casinos, there are many baccarat variants. You can also play it using any device you choose, on your browser or tablets, mobiles, and desktop PCs.
Select Your Stakes
The betting areas and stakes are displayed on the free baccarat table (minimum and maximum). Proceed to choose the value of chips you want, then drop them on your choice table section. The computer has been programmed not to deal with the cards till you press the ‘Deal’ button.
Place Your Bet
When you wager on the player’s hand, and it gets closest to a nine, you win double the value of your stake. When your banker wager is a winning hand, you will enjoy a payout of 95% of your stake. However, do not forget that for any totals exceeding 9, you have to drop the first digit to arrive at the true value. For instance, 9 + 3 = 12. Put down the ‘1’ = 2.
Another betting option is the ‘Tie.’ As earlier mentioned, a Tie offers a payout of 8-to-1. Finally, on live baccarat tables, score sheets will help you keep tabs on your score.
The concept of drawing a third card is one of the most confusing aspects of Baccarat. However, it is essential to note that Baccarat isn’t much of a strategy game as all decisions are covered by the rules and executed by the dealer. Therefore, as a player, you can flow with the already laid down parameters. However, it is best to have foreknowledge and insight into what could happen.
A third card is drawn whenever the player hand has a value between 0-5 or a total value of 10. When the total value is 6 or 7, the action is a ‘stand,’ meaning you can’t draw out any cards. A total of 8 or 9 is called ‘naturals,’ and no third card can be drawn in this scenario.
The rules here follow almost the same principles but are more robust in their details. Here, the dealer applies the rules and will state the action to take.
Furthermore, there is no loser when there is a tie. When the first two cards have a total of 8 or 9, the hand, in this case, is called a ‘natural,’ and it is an automatic win. But when both hands give off ‘naturals’ with equal value, it is a tie. When neither hand has a natural, the dealer draws more cards to verify the winner.
The next step is to understand payouts. You can choose to bet either on the Player or Banker hand. For a winning Player, the payout is 1/1. You get to win 19/20 with a winning Banker Hand, which is 1/1 minus a 5% commission. When you bet on both hands, and it ends up as a tie, you win 8/1.
Double Bet, Rebet, Clear Bet
You will instantly get paid your winnings the moment the hand is over. You can also double your bet, repeat your previous bet, or clear the chips and start over.
The rules require that all betting to be done on a particular hand must be completed before it begins. The game then starts by dealing two cards to the individual hands, The Bank and the Player Hand.
In Live Baccarat, the goal is to forecast which hand will eventually attain a total value closest to 9. Players do this by either betting on the Player hand or the Bank hand or estimating the outcome to be a tie.
In calculating the total hand, Aces have the value of 1, tens and ‘face’ cards have the value of zero, and all the remainders score at their face values.
If any card should have a score greater than 9, the dealer will adjust the score by deducting ten from the initial total. At any venue, the house rules determine whether or not the player or bank hands are entitled to draw out a third card. In any case, three remains the maximum number of available hands for each hand.
People who bet on a leading player hand are eligible for a 1-to-1 payout. People who also predict a winning banker qualify for a payout of 1-to-1.
However, under any baccarat rules, they need to pay a commission of 5%. It effectively cuts down the payout odds on the hand in question to between 19 and 20. Winning bets qualify for an 8-to-1 payout.
Two common variants of Online Baccarat include Real Money and Free Baccarat. They both operate on the same rules to win – betting on Banker or Player Hand; or ending in a Tie. The online casino displays the betting areas on the screen, and you can easily place your chips before dealing the hand.
Here are common Bets in Baccarat Online Games:
- House Edge: 1.06% (6-Deck) and 1.01% (Single Deck)
- Payout: 19/20 (5% commission)
- Outcome: Player gets trumped by the Banker, who gets much closer to 9
- House Edge: 1.24% (6-Deck) and 1.29% (Single Deck)
- Payout: 1/1
- Outcome: Player trumps the Banker and gets much closer to 9
- House Edge: 14.44% (6-Deck), 15.75% (Single Deck)
- Payout: 8/1
- Outcome: Both Banker and Player have a similar total
You can learn a couple of things from playing Online Casino Games, and Baccarat is no exception. However, you must understand some things early enough. Here are a few tips that will help you play effectively:
- Ignore the ‘tie bet’ option: according to experts, the estimated house edge for one tie bet is about 14.4%. This could bring you at a disadvantage and automatically makes this option inappropriate.
- Your best bet is the Banker: Most times, the Banker wins above 50% of games; this should always be your first choice. What also confirms this is the 5% commission usually deducted to cut down benefits to players.
- Stay with the bank till it loses: As you begin to play, look out for winning streaks; bankers have always gotten the most winnings. If this happens, you’re safer to place your bet with the bank but don’t go overboard at this point.
- Move the next bet if the bank gets a loss: Never try to bet the next outcome when the bank loses to the player; only wait for the next one. Ascertain if the win is for the Banker or the player, then resume betting based on the outcome of the play.
- Ensure to discount every Tie Bet: It is wise to treat every of your tie bets like they never happened. Tie bets are tie games that have no loser or winner; it’s best to exclude them from your player win or bank-win calculations.
- Properly manage your stakes: Baccarat is similar to a coin flip based on its gameplay. So, even though it has a good house edge, its win/lose ratio is not absolute. It’s best to follow streaks and also watch your outlay. A wise schedule you can adapt is to stake ten units for every wage, using a limit of 200 units for each session, then a complete break.
- Check the Decks: There are usually six decks used in Baccarat, but the range of available decks varies from one casino to the other. Always check how many decks there are, as this affects the house edge.
- Avoid Side Bets: There are a couple of interesting free online baccarat variants. Regardless of how enticing the odds of side bets are, it is best to tread carefully. The reason is that true odds have greater values than the actual payouts.
Other Popular Casino Games
Now that you’re familiar with the Baccarat rules and the available game variations, you can try putting your knowledge into practice. Ontario’s most notable online casinos will let you play for free before wagering your money. Some of these casinos even offer tutorials to help you learn the game step-by-step. So, why don’t you have a quick look at the listed licensed casinos above, read their dedicated reviews, and sign up for a casino that looks like a good match for you?
You can always come back to this guide to refresh your baccarat skills.
To conclude, here are a few answers to some frequently asked questions by most users.
Counting cards in the free variant of Baccarat Online is difficult. The computer uses a number to randomly shuffle the cards, making counting cards almost impossible.
No. You should use a casino that has proper licensing and is trustworthy. This way, the software is checked regularly and properly edited.
The best thing to do is always to avoid Tie bets. The 8/1 payout is far below what the best odds should be. Also, the best thing is to bet on the Banker. However, a few systems could help you turn in profits.
It is a game played between two players called Bankers and Players where you get to place a bet on which hand will end up closest to 9.
Yes, however, consider the 5% commission deductible when the Banker wins.
Anthony Odiase is a freelance content writer. He specializes in writing reviews and articles for iGaming and online gambling sites, providing gambling tips to novices and professional gamblers in Ontario, Canada and across several countries. With vast knowledge about the Canadian gaming sector and seeing the growth of online gaming products and services, he has published several high-quality reviews.